*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Underoath

Grant

I was raised on Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Cooper, Ministry, Ozzy, Slayer... all the greats. Play a few of their tunes on guitar. Now that I've picked up drums, I'm hoping to be able to work my way into playing some of this great music.

• Like 1

@Pierre I agree with those on my influences & depending on your point-of-view, would include Queensryche, Black Sabbath, Savatage, Iron Maiden, plus newer (ha) bands like Dream Theater, Mudvaybe, Disturbed, Godsmack, Parkway Drive (insane double-pedal work).  The list is sooo long of awesome bands!

@Joshua Aaron Gillespie is a beast while I liked his (non-drum) side project The Almost as well.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 7:38 AM, Carl said:

@Pierre I agree with those on my influences & depending on your point-of-view, would include Queensryche, Black Sabbath, Savatage, Iron Maiden, plus newer (ha) bands like Dream Theater, Mudvaybe, Disturbed, Godsmack, Parkway Drive (insane double-pedal work).  The list is sooo long of awesome bands!

@Joshua Aaron Gillespie is a beast while I liked his (non-drum) side project The Almost as well.

Yes dude!! Southern Weather was my favorite album from them. Still such a classic for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, Pierre said:

I was raised on Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Cooper, Ministry, Ozzy, Slayer... all the greats. Play a few of their tunes on guitar. Now that I've picked up drums, I'm hoping to be able to work my way into playing some of this great music.

Megadeth's "Rude Awakening" and Metallica S&M are two of my favorite live albums...I really do skew towards live music, but keep driving and you will accomplish all of your goals!

Listening to Stone Sour's "Audio Secrecy", "Mission Statement", "30/30-150", and "Come whatever may" in that order might get you pumped to accomplish anything. It does for me.🤘 

Sorry this made you sad @Carl

Edited by Matthew
  • Like 1