*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Hello Fellow Veterans!...

David

Hello Fellow Veterans!

I just wanted to reach out and say hello to my fellow veterans here.  I do not see any other posts in this forum so I'm wondering if I'm not seeing something correctly or if there truly are no posts here...or I have to be approved in here or what?... 

I am a 22 year Air Force veteran (1983-2005).

My assignments include:

Sembach Air Base, West Germany

Randolph AFB, San Antonio TX

Kunsan AB, S Korea

Yokota AB, Japan

McClellan AB, Sacramento

Los Angeles AB

Travis AFB, Fairfield, CA 

Sprinkle in a few deployments to the sandbox and that's my career.

I did 14 yrs in Base Supply, then a 4 year special duty assignment as an Enlisted Aide to a 3 star General, then cross trained into Logistics Plans and ran the Deployment Control Center for my last 4 yrs.

As for my drumming, I started in 6th grade and played through 10th grade. Had a set, but never gigged or jammed. Got some hand drums and played some beats and still have them... Then I got another set a few years ago and watched a bunch of YouTubes, then decided to get serious so I joined here last month... Enjoying it a lot... 

Would love to hear from all of you ! 

Cheers,

David "Marko" Markowski

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, David said:

Hello Fellow Veterans!

I just wanted to reach out and say hello to my fellow veterans here.  I do not see any other posts in this forum so I'm wondering if I'm not seeing something correctly or if there truly are no posts here...or I have to be approved in here or what?... 

I am a 22 year Air Force veteran (1983-2005).

My assignments include:

Sembach Air Base, West Germany

Randolph AFB, San Antonio TX

Kunsan AB, S Korea

Yokota AB, Japan

McClellan AB, Sacramento

Los Angeles AB

Travis AFB, Fairfield, CA 

Sprinkle in a few deployments to the sandbox and that's my career.

I did 14 yrs in Base Supply, then a 4 year special duty assignment as an Enlisted Aide to a 3 star General, then cross trained into Logistics Plans and ran the Deployment Control Center for my last 4 yrs.

As for my drumming, I started in 6th grade and played through 10th grade. Had a set, but never gigged or jammed. Got some hand drums and played some beats and still have them... Then I got another set a few years ago and watched a bunch of YouTubes, then decided to get serious so I joined here last month... Enjoying it a lot... 

Would love to hear from all of you ! 

Cheers,

David "Marko" Markowski

I was at Hahn AFB 89-91. I was in the Army Air Defense Artillery there during the cold war (obviously by the dates). Went to Sembach twice. Love German food.

13 hours ago, Tyson said:

I was at Hahn AFB 89-91. I was in the Army Air Defense Artillery there during the cold war (obviously by the dates). Went to Sembach twice. Love German food.

I was in Bamberg 89-91. 13B FA. German food is one of my favs.