*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Zildjian Combo Packs Have Come A Long Way

Matthew

Back in the day, before Google/Alphabet was in the S&P 500 and before Amazon shopping was mobile, Zildjian only had ZBT, ZHT, A, and K packaged sets...at least available in Savannah at the time. Their combo packs have come a long way in a just over a decade. It's amazing diving into this stuff again. Can't wait to buy a house so I can turn a basement into an amateur studio paradise and start buying cymbals again. Soon enough y'all, soon enough.

There may have been a ZXT pack too, trying to remember...long time ago. My memory might be a little hazy from my party days haha. I say all this but I don't have any intention of buying one of those Z box packs in the future (not knocking them, I was a broke kid back in the day... yeah I think I had to layaway my Z box haha). It really is an economical step up from those starter drum set cymbals.

Unrelated side note. I also recently found out that Eden doesn't make their Nemesis series of products anymore. I think they discontinued them a few years ago. A little disappointed.

Edited by Matthew

Yeah dude! They have so many options on box sets now, it's crazy and great for someone trying to put a kit together for a beginner, church or club. I typically am looking for cymbals that are bigger than what come in those boxes, but definitely very cool and helpful nonetheless!