*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

The Shelf - Rock Albums

David

A place to share Rock albums you've listened to and have a special love for. I will update this page from time to time by adding any posts. Sorted by artist's first name or band name.

B: The Beatles - Revolver/Rubber Soul | Boston - Boston

G: Genesis - Foxtrot/Selling England by the Pound

J: Jethro Tull - Stand Up/Aqualung/Living in the Past/Thick as a Brick

K: King Crimson - Red/Discipline/Larks' Tongues in Aspic

P: Phil Collins - Face Value

Edited by David

Ok, when you say Rock, which Rock do you mean? Just Rock N Roll, Heavy Rock, Punk Rock, Classic Rock, or any other number of genres?

Some that pop into my mind right now are Krokus - Headhunter, Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance, Wiseblood, America's Volume Dealer, & In The Arms Of God, Judas Priest - Point Of Entry... and I'm sure with time I could go on and on.

• Rocks! 1

John Mayall, Paul Butterfield, Allman Brothers, Captain Beefheart, Buffalo Springfield, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Mountain, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, Steely Dan, Eagles...

And don't forget Parliament-Funkadelic!

• Rocks! 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Ok, when you say Rock, which Rock do you mean? Just Rock N Roll, Heavy Rock, Punk Rock, Classic Rock, or any other number of genres?

Some that pop into my mind right now are Krokus - Headhunter, Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance, Wiseblood, America's Volume Dealer, & In The Arms Of God, Judas Priest - Point Of Entry... and I'm sure with time I could go on and on.

@RobertThis list looks great to me, perfect! I knew this would be a busy shelf 🙂

All what I would call Rock n Roll, Heavy rock, Heavy Metal, Prog rock etc. Pop-Rock

My thinking was we have the sections in Rock for drummers where we list albums and videos as a resource.  I hink is area is for those albums you have a special love for and recommend to people who may not have heard them, just like you have, so I can go get a taste.  Not a discography, thats on Wikipedia, more a 'You have to hear this album from this band'. I've listened to very few of the artists you mention, bar Judas Priest (a local band as it happens!); So now I know what to listen to to get a taste of Krokus, I've got Headhunter on now!  Think of this as a taster menu 🙂 ... I'll reword the intro, this was very helpful.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

John Mayall, Paul Butterfield, Allman Brothers, Captain Beefheart, Buffalo Springfield, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Mountain, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, Steely Dan, Eagles...

And don't forget Parliament-Funkadelic!

@Bob Add an album or 2 to each one, ones you love or think are an essential example of that band.  And you've hit the nail on the head, I need to add more categoies: Funk/Disco, Soul, Blues.  

Don't think of this as a definitive list, its a taster menu... and so much new stuff to listen to.... I have to do a section for Hendrix/Mitch and Santana/Michael.... Ohh Mountian... Lesley/Corky  🙂

Don't worry about the mess, we are here to play and not get to bogged down by the rules, the music is the only thing that rules here! 

• Rocks! 2

• David pinned this topic