*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Open Club  ·  38 members

Sticklers

Goodwood sticks

Chuck

So I bought some used gear recently and they threw in a couple of pairs of sticks in the deal.  They are Goodwood 5A's with nylon tips.  I kind of like them.  I think they're slightly lighter and a slightly smaller diameter than my Vic Firth 5A's.  I'm not familiar with this brand and I just wondered if anyone knew anything about them.

• Like 2

Free sticks are a good thing (see what I did there) since you get to try something you wouldn’t normally have.  They can be hit or miss, though.  I got a free pair of carbon fiber drumsticks with a practice pad a while back.  Had some fun, but they weren’t for me in the end and I got rid of them.  I play on Silentstrokes mostly anyway — the carbon fiber on those would certainly give meaning to the concept of “shredding” 😄  

How do you like the Goodwoods so far, @Charles?  

5 hours ago, Julia said:

Free sticks are a good thing (see what I did there) since you get to try something you wouldn’t normally have.  They can be hit or miss, though.  I got a free pair of carbon fiber drumsticks with a practice pad a while back.  Had some fun, but they weren’t for me in the end and I got rid of them.  I play on Silentstrokes mostly anyway — the carbon fiber on those would certainly give meaning to the concept of “shredding” 😄  

How do you like the Goodwoods so far, @Charles?  

I still like them.  I didn't weigh them, but I do think they are slightly lighter than the Vic Firths. Just that little bit of difference in weight feels better to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I ordered a pair of Promark active grip sticks from Sweetwater, I also order a couple other brands of sticks, one of which was a pair of Goodwood 5A wood tips.  They were only $5, so I figured why not give them a try.  I've only used them a little bit to date because I'm focusing on the Promarks.  However, so far they seem to be okay.  I'll have to update after I've used them for a while.

• Like 2