*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

My Cymbal Setup

Grant

I LOVE some Zildjian cymbals. This is the current setup I'm using from left to right.

16" Hats (Avedis Crash on bottom and K Dark Thin crash on top)

20" K Dark Crash

24" K Light Ride

22" Constantinople Renaissance Ride

This setup has a very Ronnie Vannucci feel to it. He has been a HUGE inspiration to my playing, he has wonderful dynamics and feel while also really leaning into the drums and putting on a great show. Definitely one of my favorite drummers. 

Zildjian Cymbals.JPG

As soon as I get my first cymbal endorsement i will stick to one brand.😉  Until then, left to right

14" Paiste  2002 Sound Edge hi-hats

19" Zildjian  A Custom crash

10" Zildjian  A splash

22" UFIP  Vibra Series ride

18" Zildjian  A Custom crash

18" Sabian  HHX Evolution Ozone crash

IMG_20190802_164205016.thumb.jpg.b64b13d6abe0a5cd886deb9971e0c01a.jpg

On 8/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, Todd said:

As soon as I get my first cymbal endorsement i will stick to one brand.😉  Until then, left to right

14" Paiste  2002 Sound Edge hi-hats

19" Zildjian  A Custom crash

10" Zildjian  A splash

22" UFIP  Vibra Series ride

18" Zildjian  A Custom crash

18" Sabian  HHX Evolution Ozone crash

LOVE the A Custom crashes, such great cymbals. Great setup @Todd

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

Great setup @Todd

Thanks and back at you, @Joshua. The black walls, black carpet and black? drums looks so cool. Great pic.

The A Customs are great, I'm super happy with my set up right now.

Do you use the K Con as a crash?  I know a lot of guys love the 22" ride as  a crash.

My set up changes a lot, but here's what I use the most: 

- 15" 1970s Zildjian A hats

- 18" HHX-Treme crash

- 20" K Constantinople Medium Thin Low (I use it as a crash and a ride depending on the vibe)

- 22" K Constantinople Medium Thin Low (I use it as a crash and a ride depending on the vibe)

- 23" K Sweet Ride

- 24" Instanbul Signature Agop Ride (this is for jazz and light stuff but easily my favorite cymbal I own)

Every now and then I use a pair of 18" hats made out of a cheap 18" sabian cymbal and the HHX cymbal above. They are amazing and probably my favorite hi hat sound, but I don't record them on everything since they aren't always the right vibe.

16 hours ago, Julia said:

What are the reasons for preferring large or small hi-hats? Is it a genre thing, or individual preference? I know that Stewart Copeland likes to use small, thin ones.  

It's all based upon what you are playing, and what hats will best suit the music. If you are playing up tempo, quick tunes, some smaller hats may best so they get out of the way quickly. However slow tempo, full beefy songs may benefit from some thicker hats (especially a lot of worship music now a days). 

• Like 1