*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Left handed setup

Eyal

5 hours ago, David said:

I want to break my habit of always having the same thing in both hands, next solo I post I might try that, see how brave I am 🙂 .  It doubles or triples the amount of colour/voice you have under your hands.

I look forward to seeing this 😊

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kirstin said:

If you haven't noticed his tuning, one or more of his drums will be tuned to the dominant, another the tonic, another the subdominant, etc., etc. until his kit becomes almost a chord.  I think one of the coolest compliments I've ever heard of him is, "he was the first drummer to make the drums sing."

Everyday is a school day, love it.  I really need to get into basic music theory, this is so interesting 🙂 . Claus is a musician/scientist who has so much feel.  I to love drummers with great feel for the music they play.  Mitch Mitchell played so well off Hendrix, Copeland cooks a groove so hot with interplay, Collins is an orchestra on early Genesis recordings...I still get excited when I play good times bad times and Bonham kicks in...  they fit like Ringo/Lego into the music they play.  And then there's Jazz... everything, all time all at once.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Everyday is a school day, love it.  I really need to get into basic music theory, this is so interesting 🙂 . Claus is a musician/scientist who has so much feel.  I to love drummers with great feel for the music they play.  Mitch Mitchell played so well off Hendrix, Copeland cooks a groove so hot with interplay, Collins is an orchestra on early Genesis recordings...I still get excited when I play good times bad times and Bonham kicks in...  they fit like Ringo/Lego into the music they play.  And then there's Jazz... everything, all time all at once.

Yes, JAZZ.  Almost all these guys came from Jazz or took the time to get some Jazz under their belt, or grew up listening to jazz and big band. That swing and musicality is in their DNA.

• Rocks! 1

Guest chantale
On 1/16/2023 at 4:34 PM, Eyal said:

Well, I restarted it already and it feels like it is going to be way more thorough than just a second time

A guy I know wrote a drumming method and he told me, you can spend your whole life on the same method, you can even spend years practicing the same exercises, as long as you challenge yourself and you change the way you practice them. Either by dividing them in a more complex way, by adding a crash, by mixing them together, by recomposing them, by changing the accents of place...so the BT can be used for a long time !🙂

6 hours ago, chantale said:

A guy I know wrote a drumming method and he told me, you can spend your whole life on the same method, you can even spend years practicing the same exercises, as long as you challenge yourself and you change the way you practice them. Either by dividing them in a more complex way, by adding a crash, by mixing them together, by recomposing them, by changing the accents of place...so the BT can be used for a long time !🙂

This is so true.

• Rocks! 1