*NEW* SDS Live Call Calendar ×

Open Club  ·  38 members

Sticklers

Kidsticks. Yes, I bought them...not why you think!

Julia

I have to start out by clarifying that these were bought as a Halloween costume accessory.  My hands are small, but not small enough to necessitate 13” sticks 😂  But what the heck, they're sticks, so I had to post them here.

Vic Firth's Kidsticks are .520” in diameter, with a long taper and teardrop tip — they're basically a shorter 7a.  They're made for kids around ages 3 - 8.  They come in ballet pink or bright blue (see Gigibunny below rocking out with the blue ones on my floor tom).

On the kit, I was a bit challenged trying to find and work with the fulcrum.  I decided heck with it, and held them at the very ends like some people hold sticks when they want to play really hard.  They kind of worked that way.

I vastly prefer adult-sized sticks (albeit on the smaller side), but hey, these looked great sticking out of my hair on Halloween, and I even managed not to poke anyone's eye out.

If you have a tiny drum player who doesn't feel ready for grownup sticks, these are the quality you would expect from VF, with good balance, and the paint is helpful for grip.  I wish they had a better choice of colors, though — the pink and blue are kind of stereotypical.  Imagine glittery purple ones! 

Future SDS video suggestion:  A challenge!  I would like to see @Stephen playing with these.  

DCB9D591-75AB-49D1-85E5-04A09B16CBF4.jpeg

Edited by Julia
  • Like 1