Wasss Up….Marcus here

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Wasss Up….Marcus here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

I’m Marcus.   I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas.  I have a family of 4….wife  and two kids (son 10, daughter 14).   I have been involved with music most of my life. I started on piano at age 8, trumpet at age 11,  guitar and bass at 15,  drums at 17.  I had a band in high school.  This was back in the day when to learn songs, you had to listen to the record and  pick them apart or find someone who could show you how to play them….so we played lots of originals instead.   I went to college to study music  after high school but changed majors….several times.  I  ended up with a fine art degree.  Shortly after college, I ended up becoming a police  officer, which I have now done for the last 20 years.  I am not the typical cop….my background probably speaks to that.  Anyway, I play mostly with  my church band these days and spend time writing  and recording music in my home studio.  I am looking forward to meeting you all and developing a strong community of musicians.

Stephen
    Keymaster

The man, the myth, the legend himself.

Your kids are getting too big bro!

Marcus

When you started the Shed, I remember being frustrated because their bedtime was right when the live lessons were airing.  I always tried to  rush them off to bed so I could catch the most of the lesson.  Now, they pretty much don’t know I exist unless I tell them they can’t have their electronics…..ages and stages.  Hard to believe that much time has passed.

Stephen
    Keymaster

@Marcus I know! It’s flown by. Really fun to look back on how it’s transformed over the years. Glad you’ve been a part of it the ENTIRE time lol

Robert
    Participant

I’m Rob and I live in Port Washington Wisconsin, about 30 miles north of Milwaukee (or 90 miles south of Green Bay if you happen to be a Packers fan).  I have a wife, a 13-year-old biological son and a sibling set adopted out of foster care (8-year-old son, 6-year-old daughter and 5-year-old daughter).  When the walls of our house aren’t vibrating from all their energy, I like to fit in some practice time.

I started playing acoustic guitar at 14 and drums at 15.  However, I didn’t have the money for lessons so I’m mostly self- taught.  If only we had You Tube and online teachers back in my day!  I haven’t played a secular gig since 2012 and am currently serving as the drummer for our church’s worship team.  Needless to say, it took a while for a strait up rock drummer to grasp the subtleties of a Sunday morning set list!  When I came across Stephen on You Tube, his teaching style and approach really resonated with me so I signed on for the TAOP course and decided to maintain my membership.  I’m hoping to get back into some light gigging within the next couple years (when I don’t have to be up at 6:00 on the weekends to cook the waffles????).

I’m super excited about the forum and the opportunity to support each other, learn from each other and make some drummer connections.  We tend to be a different breed????.

• Author

Marcus

I’m Marcus.   I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas.  I have a family of 4….wife  and two kids (son 10, daughter 14).   I have been involved with music most of my life. I started on piano at age 8, trumpet at age 11,  guitar and bass at 15,  drums at 17.  I had a band in high school.  This was back in the day when to learn songs, you had to listen to the record and  pick them apart or find someone who could show you how to play them….so we played lots of originals instead.   I went to college to study music  after high school but changed majors….several times.  I  ended up with a fine art degree.  Shortly after college, I ended up becoming a police  officer, which I have now done for the last 20 years.  I am not the typical cop….my background probably speaks to that.  Anyway, I play mostly with  my church band these days and spend time writing  and recording music in my home studio.  I am looking forward to meeting you all and developing a strong community of musicians.

Stephen
    Keymaster

The man, the myth, the legend himself.

Your kids are getting too big bro!

Marcus

When you started the Shed, I remember being frustrated because their bedtime was right when the live lessons were airing.  I always tried to  rush them off to bed so I could catch the most of the lesson.  Now, they pretty much don’t know I exist unless I tell them they can’t have their electronics…..ages and stages.  Hard to believe that much time has passed.

Stephen
    Keymaster

@Marcus I know! It’s flown by. Really fun to look back on how it’s transformed over the years. Glad you’ve been a part of it the ENTIRE time lol

Robert
    Participant

I’m Rob and I live in Port Washington Wisconsin, about 30 miles north of Milwaukee (or 90 miles south of Green Bay if you happen to be a Packers fan).  I have a wife, a 13-year-old biological son and a sibling set adopted out of foster care (8-year-old son, 6-year-old daughter and 5-year-old daughter).  When the walls of our house aren’t vibrating from all their energy, I like to fit in some practice time.

I started playing acoustic guitar at 14 and drums at 15.  However, I didn’t have the money for lessons so I’m mostly self- taught.  If only we had You Tube and online teachers back in my day!  I haven’t played a secular gig since 2012 and am currently serving as the drummer for our church’s worship team.  Needless to say, it took a while for a strait up rock drummer to grasp the subtleties of a Sunday morning set list!  When I came across Stephen on You Tube, his teaching style and approach really resonated with me so I signed on for the TAOP course and decided to maintain my membership.  I’m hoping to get back into some light gigging within the next couple years (when I don’t have to be up at 6:00 on the weekends to cook the waffles????).

I’m super excited about the forum and the opportunity to support each other, learn from each other and make some drummer connections.  We tend to be a different breed????.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.