Playing Out

Drum Lessons Forums Share Your Wins Playing Out

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

I started playing out again in 2012 after a very long break.  After about a year,  I decided to go to grad school  and had to quit playing again.  I graduated in 2015 and have finally arrived to a point to where I can play out again.  I have a whole new perspective on all of it….a much healthier perspective.  Also, I am playing not only drums, but bass as well.  Being in front of the kit is a whole new world, but has really helped me appreciate the value of  a good drummer and what they bring to  the table.  For me, playing in front of the kit as a bassist has been huge in understanding what I need to do to really be great for the music when I am behind the  kit.  So, two big wins….being back in the performance arena playing with others and gaining new perspectives and vantage  points on drumming.

Stephen
    Keymaster

I couldn’t have been happier than when you messaged me and let me know you started playing out again. If you have the opportunity, you HAVE to take it. It’s so necessary for growth as a player. Glad you’re back in the game…and also proud of ya for getting that degree upgrade!

• Author

Marcus

I started playing out again in 2012 after a very long break.  After about a year,  I decided to go to grad school  and had to quit playing again.  I graduated in 2015 and have finally arrived to a point to where I can play out again.  I have a whole new perspective on all of it….a much healthier perspective.  Also, I am playing not only drums, but bass as well.  Being in front of the kit is a whole new world, but has really helped me appreciate the value of  a good drummer and what they bring to  the table.  For me, playing in front of the kit as a bassist has been huge in understanding what I need to do to really be great for the music when I am behind the  kit.  So, two big wins….being back in the performance arena playing with others and gaining new perspectives and vantage  points on drumming.

Stephen
    Keymaster

I couldn’t have been happier than when you messaged me and let me know you started playing out again. If you have the opportunity, you HAVE to take it. It’s so necessary for growth as a player. Glad you’re back in the game…and also proud of ya for getting that degree upgrade!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.