Old Newby

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Old Newby

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melvin
    Participant

Hey all,

I hail from the land down under & excited to start this magical journey. Surely 60’s is not too old to start. Goals are interesting for me as its all about enjoying the work-out, getting both arms and legs working in sync and rocking out the music of the 50s – 90’s. Bought a fairly basic 2nd hand kit but hey its works. Got a new kick peddle and shinned up the brass. A few new skins also & a new throne for my skinny bum.  Looking forward to progressing so my neighbours & wife enjoy more when I play :-)

Grant
    Keymaster

Greetings Melvin!

Welcome to the shed my friend! Ah Australia what a beautiful place. My wife and I are always talking about taking a trip there whenever we have the time, I’ve heard it’s wonderful.

You are very correct, it’s never too late to dive in and start playing the drums! In fact, I think it can be better to wait until life is less stressful to really be able to pick up a new hobby and give it the attention it needs.

If you have any questions at all, or need help with any technical problems you have please feel free to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. Welcome to the shed Melvin!

• Author

Melvin
    Participant

Hey all,

I hail from the land down under & excited to start this magical journey. Surely 60’s is not too old to start. Goals are interesting for me as its all about enjoying the work-out, getting both arms and legs working in sync and rocking out the music of the 50s – 90’s. Bought a fairly basic 2nd hand kit but hey its works. Got a new kick peddle and shinned up the brass. A few new skins also & a new throne for my skinny bum.  Looking forward to progressing so my neighbours & wife enjoy more when I play :-)

Grant
    Keymaster

Greetings Melvin!

Welcome to the shed my friend! Ah Australia what a beautiful place. My wife and I are always talking about taking a trip there whenever we have the time, I’ve heard it’s wonderful.

You are very correct, it’s never too late to dive in and start playing the drums! In fact, I think it can be better to wait until life is less stressful to really be able to pick up a new hobby and give it the attention it needs.

If you have any questions at all, or need help with any technical problems you have please feel free to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. Welcome to the shed Melvin!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.