Old dog looking for new tricks

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Old dog looking for new tricks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

Howdy everyone,

Just signed up. Beginner drummer. I have dabbled in guitar for the past ten or so years. I can play chords and a few songs and parts of other songs, but nowhere near where I thought I would be. I’ve never had any kind of instruction or structured practice routine which is probably why I haven’t progressed as much as I would like. I constantly find myself tapping on my steering wheel along with the drum beat of the music I listen to, so I thought I’d give drums a try too. Starting with a cheap, Alesis Nitro Mesh 8-Piece Electronic Drum Set.

Best Regards All

Marcus

Jeff! Welcome to the shed. We are all about structure around here. Be sure to check out the “How to Practice” videos in the Warrior Way. The Art of Practice is definitely worth exploring as well. Stephen offers that course every now and then so be on the look out for it. The lessons and the course will help you a bunch. Let us know how we can help you along the way and be sure to check out the student Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Jeff?!

Welcome to the shed my friend, we’re so happy to have you with us! It’s great to hear that you already have musical experience, I feel like that’s always very helpful. I always wished I had learned how to play piano or guitar along with the drums to give myself a better understanding for the band. That will add a very cool aspect to your playing.

I’m so glad you took the plunge and are joining the SDS family. I think you’ll love it here. Stephen is an amazing teacher, and we have a wonderful community. If you have any questions at all please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help.

Welcome Jeff!

• Author

Jeff
    Participant

Howdy everyone,

Just signed up. Beginner drummer. I have dabbled in guitar for the past ten or so years. I can play chords and a few songs and parts of other songs, but nowhere near where I thought I would be. I’ve never had any kind of instruction or structured practice routine which is probably why I haven’t progressed as much as I would like. I constantly find myself tapping on my steering wheel along with the drum beat of the music I listen to, so I thought I’d give drums a try too. Starting with a cheap, Alesis Nitro Mesh 8-Piece Electronic Drum Set.

Best Regards All

Marcus

Jeff! Welcome to the shed. We are all about structure around here. Be sure to check out the “How to Practice” videos in the Warrior Way. The Art of Practice is definitely worth exploring as well. Stephen offers that course every now and then so be on the look out for it. The lessons and the course will help you a bunch. Let us know how we can help you along the way and be sure to check out the student Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Jeff?!

Welcome to the shed my friend, we’re so happy to have you with us! It’s great to hear that you already have musical experience, I feel like that’s always very helpful. I always wished I had learned how to play piano or guitar along with the drums to give myself a better understanding for the band. That will add a very cool aspect to your playing.

I’m so glad you took the plunge and are joining the SDS family. I think you’ll love it here. Stephen is an amazing teacher, and we have a wonderful community. If you have any questions at all please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help.

Welcome Jeff!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.