New member! Hello everybody!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself New member! Hello everybody!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alejandra
    Participant

Hello everybody from Tokyo!

My name is Ale, I am from Spain, but for job reasons I moved to Japan about a year ago. Just before moving I was being so melodramatic with the farewells, and a good friend told me (wise words), that instead of being sad, I should be happy for the opportunity to start a new life in a new country. Just when I came, with some tears in my eyes but the “New Life” issue roaming in my mind, I decided to start doing something I always wanted to, and that for certain reasons I never fullfilled: PLAYING DRUMS!!!

I studied piano for a while, but I got bored of classical and slow music when the music that really turned me on was Rock&Roll and Punk! Quite hard to make up in piano… and so fun to play in drums! So, a bit after arriving in here, I found a super-cool drum teacher and I started my journey.  Now that I can already pick up the sticks and I’m starting to play some stuff that sounds not bad… I really want to put a bit more effort and become better! I had the luck to find this amazing online school and I didn’t hesitate to join.

I’m really looking forward all the cool things I will start to learn from now (just as soon as I finish this post), and also to making friends all over the world that share this amazing passion! Let me know if you come around Tokyo!!!

See you!

Best,

Ale

Robert
    Participant

Welcome Ale!  So awesome that your following your passion for drums.  Like you, I started on a different instrument (acoustic guitar) and then changed to drums when I started listening to punk rock in high school.  It was just a lot more satisfying being able to pound on things in a socially acceptable way!  You’ll love DBD.  Stephen is an awesome instructor that really resonates with people.  There are also a lot of helpful members.  Cheers!  Now go practice!

Alejandra
    Participant

Hi Robert! Thanks for you message! I’ve just finished a bit of practice, now, going to sleep! I’m still overwhelmed by the enormous quantity of resources we weve here, no idea where to start from! But yeah, it’s so great to have you all around in the forum, together with Stephen-sensei. I’m sure it’i going to be such an amazing journey. As is it said in Japan: yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!!

#Sorry if there are typos, but I’m writing from the phone right now, and the display of the forim is not 100% visible!

Stephen
    Keymaster

So pumped to have you be a part of the DBD community. I’m gonna make it to Tokyo one day!

• Author

Alejandra
    Participant

Hello everybody from Tokyo!

My name is Ale, I am from Spain, but for job reasons I moved to Japan about a year ago. Just before moving I was being so melodramatic with the farewells, and a good friend told me (wise words), that instead of being sad, I should be happy for the opportunity to start a new life in a new country. Just when I came, with some tears in my eyes but the “New Life” issue roaming in my mind, I decided to start doing something I always wanted to, and that for certain reasons I never fullfilled: PLAYING DRUMS!!!

I studied piano for a while, but I got bored of classical and slow music when the music that really turned me on was Rock&Roll and Punk! Quite hard to make up in piano… and so fun to play in drums! So, a bit after arriving in here, I found a super-cool drum teacher and I started my journey.  Now that I can already pick up the sticks and I’m starting to play some stuff that sounds not bad… I really want to put a bit more effort and become better! I had the luck to find this amazing online school and I didn’t hesitate to join.

I’m really looking forward all the cool things I will start to learn from now (just as soon as I finish this post), and also to making friends all over the world that share this amazing passion! Let me know if you come around Tokyo!!!

See you!

Best,

Ale

Robert
    Participant

Welcome Ale!  So awesome that your following your passion for drums.  Like you, I started on a different instrument (acoustic guitar) and then changed to drums when I started listening to punk rock in high school.  It was just a lot more satisfying being able to pound on things in a socially acceptable way!  You’ll love DBD.  Stephen is an awesome instructor that really resonates with people.  There are also a lot of helpful members.  Cheers!  Now go practice!

Alejandra
    Participant

Hi Robert! Thanks for you message! I’ve just finished a bit of practice, now, going to sleep! I’m still overwhelmed by the enormous quantity of resources we weve here, no idea where to start from! But yeah, it’s so great to have you all around in the forum, together with Stephen-sensei. I’m sure it’i going to be such an amazing journey. As is it said in Japan: yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!!

#Sorry if there are typos, but I’m writing from the phone right now, and the display of the forim is not 100% visible!

Stephen
    Keymaster

So pumped to have you be a part of the DBD community. I’m gonna make it to Tokyo one day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.