New Cymbals

Drum Lessons Forums Gear Talk New Cymbals

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Charles
    Participant

Just got a box set of Meinl Vintage Sand cymbals.  I didn’t have the opportunity to hear them in person around here, so I just went off of listening to lots of videos online.  I’m very happy with the hats.  The crash also has a very cool sound; very thin and mellow.  I’m still unsure about the ride.  In person it seems light and rings a bit, but that may just be me (very little experience shopping and comparing cymbals).  I suspect a level of ring/sustain in cymbals sounds better to an audience and with music than to the drummer in a practice room, just like resonance in toms.

Anyway, it’s nice to have good cymbals instead of the stamped out Chinese stuff I had before.  My kit is funny with cymbals that cost 5 times as much as the drums.  I’ll get around to the drums some day, but the terrible cymbals were annoying.

• Author

Charles
    Participant

Just got a box set of Meinl Vintage Sand cymbals.  I didn’t have the opportunity to hear them in person around here, so I just went off of listening to lots of videos online.  I’m very happy with the hats.  The crash also has a very cool sound; very thin and mellow.  I’m still unsure about the ride.  In person it seems light and rings a bit, but that may just be me (very little experience shopping and comparing cymbals).  I suspect a level of ring/sustain in cymbals sounds better to an audience and with music than to the drummer in a practice room, just like resonance in toms.

Anyway, it’s nice to have good cymbals instead of the stamped out Chinese stuff I had before.  My kit is funny with cymbals that cost 5 times as much as the drums.  I’ll get around to the drums some day, but the terrible cymbals were annoying.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.