My hello!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself My hello!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Monica
    Participant

I’ve only been playing for 2 1/2 years, but I’m in love with drumming. I’m currently in a rock band, but I’m not really a rocker. As much fun as it is to smash the drums, what I really love is singer-centered music with good lyrics: folk and everything it bleeds into, like country, blues, world (which, to me, is NOT just Latin!). I’m hoping to find a second band where maybe a cajon would be the right percussion choice.

I heard Stephen’s interview on Drummer’s Resource and decided to check out SDS.  I’m so glad I did!  I would be lying if I said that my drumming had improved markedly after a week or two, BUT the fact that I now have a well-thought-out, organized practice plan has made an enormous difference for me.  Each day, I know what I’m trying to do, whether I’ve achieved it, and where I’m going next.  Thank you, Stephen!

Oh, and I live in Oakland, CA, in case any of you are anywhere close.  My band is organized through Bandworks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Monica.
    Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey @Monica !!!

That Drummers Resource interview was fun…glad you found me through it!

You know what, I love singer songwriter music as well. Something about the intimate environment is just so attractive to me. The amount of sounds and options we have as a drummer/percussionist in that setting is really fun to explore.

You keep with that consistent program and keep charting your progress…you’ll see the advances you want to. Glad you’re out gigging as well! Even if it’s not your favorite music, it’s important to get out and play with other musicians. Does so much good for your playing.

Marcus

Hey Monica! Welcome to the shed. This is a good hang. We are glad you are here!

• Author

Monica
    Participant

I’ve only been playing for 2 1/2 years, but I’m in love with drumming. I’m currently in a rock band, but I’m not really a rocker. As much fun as it is to smash the drums, what I really love is singer-centered music with good lyrics: folk and everything it bleeds into, like country, blues, world (which, to me, is NOT just Latin!). I’m hoping to find a second band where maybe a cajon would be the right percussion choice.

I heard Stephen’s interview on Drummer’s Resource and decided to check out SDS.  I’m so glad I did!  I would be lying if I said that my drumming had improved markedly after a week or two, BUT the fact that I now have a well-thought-out, organized practice plan has made an enormous difference for me.  Each day, I know what I’m trying to do, whether I’ve achieved it, and where I’m going next.  Thank you, Stephen!

Oh, and I live in Oakland, CA, in case any of you are anywhere close.  My band is organized through Bandworks.

Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey @Monica !!!

That Drummers Resource interview was fun…glad you found me through it!

You know what, I love singer songwriter music as well. Something about the intimate environment is just so attractive to me. The amount of sounds and options we have as a drummer/percussionist in that setting is really fun to explore.

You keep with that consistent program and keep charting your progress…you’ll see the advances you want to. Glad you’re out gigging as well! Even if it’s not your favorite music, it’s important to get out and play with other musicians. Does so much good for your playing.

Marcus

Hey Monica! Welcome to the shed. This is a good hang. We are glad you are here!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.