Lighting for Inside a Drum Cage

Drum Lessons Forums Gear Talk Lighting for Inside a Drum Cage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hello everyone. So my question is for anyone that plays in a church setting and plays inside of a drum cage.

I am looking for something that can fit within  a space of 1-2 feet wide and about 5.5 feet high. I am currently performing during a Saturday Night and Sunday Morning Service at my church which has these blue LED floor lights someone stuck in there, but I’m looking for more of an overhead light because it’s really hard to see sometimes when i have to connect/disconnect the 1/8″ from my phone which I use for click. (App I use is TEMPO)

If anyone has any recommendations or would like me to submit pictures of the cage for ideas, that would be awesome. Thank you so much!!

Here is an example of the cage I am using.

This video is from over 5 years ago, and wouldn’t you know it, this is also the video that shows when the kick beater decided to fly off so enjoy watching that too!!

As you can tell we had clamp on lamp but it was so close to my face it got very hot very quickly.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Aaron.
    Stephen
    Keymaster

Man, I would go with an LED setup. They make those types of stand lights now. I get it…the old ones would burn you up lol! I used to play a ton of stage shows…they would get so hot in the pit area.

Something like this would probably work if you have a stand to attach it to: https://www.amazon.com/Hallomall-Lights-3AA-Batteries-Included-Adjustable/dp/B012A9XF8W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522511817&sr=8-3&keywords=led+music+stand+light

Aaron
    Participant

@Stephen — Yes That Would work great! Thank you for the recommendation. I didn’t think they had these available. AC Adapter option is definitely a must!

Marcus

I had some clip on LED lights that ran on a AA battery.  I used those all the time in the drum “cave”.  They worked great.  I think I got them at Target or something.  Great lighting has become really cheap over the past few years.

• Author

Aaron
    Participant

Hello everyone. So my question is for anyone that plays in a church setting and plays inside of a drum cage.

I am looking for something that can fit within  a space of 1-2 feet wide and about 5.5 feet high. I am currently performing during a Saturday Night and Sunday Morning Service at my church which has these blue LED floor lights someone stuck in there, but I’m looking for more of an overhead light because it’s really hard to see sometimes when i have to connect/disconnect the 1/8″ from my phone which I use for click. (App I use is TEMPO)

If anyone has any recommendations or would like me to submit pictures of the cage for ideas, that would be awesome. Thank you so much!!

Here is an example of the cage I am using.

This video is from over 5 years ago, and wouldn’t you know it, this is also the video that shows when the kick beater decided to fly off so enjoy watching that too!!

As you can tell we had clamp on lamp but it was so close to my face it got very hot very quickly.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Aaron.

Stephen
    Keymaster

Man, I would go with an LED setup. They make those types of stand lights now. I get it…the old ones would burn you up lol! I used to play a ton of stage shows…they would get so hot in the pit area.

Something like this would probably work if you have a stand to attach it to: https://www.amazon.com/Hallomall-Lights-3AA-Batteries-Included-Adjustable/dp/B012A9XF8W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522511817&sr=8-3&keywords=led+music+stand+light

Aaron
    Participant

@Stephen — Yes That Would work great! Thank you for the recommendation. I didn’t think they had these available. AC Adapter option is definitely a must!

Marcus

I had some clip on LED lights that ran on a AA battery.  I used those all the time in the drum “cave”.  They worked great.  I think I got them at Target or something.  Great lighting has become really cheap over the past few years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.