It's a-me Maria

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself It's a-me Maria

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Hello Drum Warrior Community,

I’m Maria, and I’ve been wanting to play drums for half my life (13 years). But I let my parents dictate how I felt about drums (don’t play!) and continued on my life without drums. I have a deep love for music and absurdly dancing to songs that make me excited and emotional. I think I have some natural rhythm and concept of time (I’ve been told by drummer friends) and it’s made me realize that I BETTER GET TO DRUMMING.

I have an e-kit and acoustic kit in my bedroom. I love them both. My journey with drumming has been a bit daunting. I might join a cover band in a couple months but I’m starting to think maybe it’s too soon. I dunno.

Not drum related: I have an awesome ~10 year old cat I adopted in November. I work in a coffee shop on the weekends. I’m really choosy about who I spend time with since my energy is finite, and not everyone deserves it :)

I have a good feeling about starting up with the Drum Better Daily. I’ve definitely psyched myself out plenty of times and it’s affected my self-esteem, not only regarding drumming, but my personal well being too. I’m here to kick some buttbutt (assuming I shouldn’t curse) and ready to grow wildly and happily in my journey.

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Maria!! Welcome to the shed! We are so happy to have you with us in the SDS family. I think you made a great choice, SDS is a wonderful place. We have a super supportive community of students, and Stephen is a phenominal teacher. Feel free to jump into our SDS FACEBOOK GROUPĀ It will let you get even more involved in the community, and see what the other students are up to!

If you have any questions, or technical problems please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Maria!!

• Author

Maria
    Participant

Hello Drum Warrior Community,

I’m Maria, and I’ve been wanting to play drums for half my life (13 years). But I let my parents dictate how I felt about drums (don’t play!) and continued on my life without drums. I have a deep love for music and absurdly dancing to songs that make me excited and emotional. I think I have some natural rhythm and concept of time (I’ve been told by drummer friends) and it’s made me realize that I BETTER GET TO DRUMMING.

I have an e-kit and acoustic kit in my bedroom. I love them both. My journey with drumming has been a bit daunting. I might join a cover band in a couple months but I’m starting to think maybe it’s too soon. I dunno.

Not drum related: I have an awesome ~10 year old cat I adopted in November. I work in a coffee shop on the weekends. I’m really choosy about who I spend time with since my energy is finite, and not everyone deserves it :)

I have a good feeling about starting up with the Drum Better Daily. I’ve definitely psyched myself out plenty of times and it’s affected my self-esteem, not only regarding drumming, but my personal well being too. I’m here to kick some buttbutt (assuming I shouldn’t curse) and ready to grow wildly and happily in my journey.

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Maria!! Welcome to the shed! We are so happy to have you with us in the SDS family. I think you made a great choice, SDS is a wonderful place. We have a super supportive community of students, and Stephen is a phenominal teacher. Feel free to jump into our SDS FACEBOOK GROUPĀ It will let you get even more involved in the community, and see what the other students are up to!

If you have any questions, or technical problems please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Maria!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.