Introduction

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sangam
    Participant

Hi everyone I am Sangam. Even though i have been following and subscribing ssd since last year this is my first time posting here in ssd community. I should have come here way before, i guess it’s never too late right? I used to be in a punk band and I have been playing drums since 2005 i guess i was barely 10-11 years old when i first started out. I have a band with my brother and he sings and plays guitar.I love punk rock and metal. But i do listen to other various genres of music and I love drum very very much.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Sangam.
    Marcus

What’s up Sangam?  Glad to have you here. Looks like you have a great practice space going.  Thanks for jumping in and connecting with us.  Be sure to check out our Facebook student page as well . https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Sangam!

Welcome to have you in the shed man, it’s great to have you with us. That Gretsch kit looks awesome, I’m sure it sounds good as well. If you have any questions at all or have any issues please feel free to shoot me an email!! I’m always here to help with anything you need! Email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com.

Also, what lesson track are you currently going through??

Sangam
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for the welcome Marcus and Joshua.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I will start connecting with all my fellow drummers more here and in Facebook also Marcus. Thanks again.</p>

Hey Joshua I know you from your instagram. :):):). As for the lesson tracks im still doing the gladstone specially with my left hand and tryin to loosen my thumb which is really irritating me? and im also doing groove track and bass drum track. I had to start everything from the beginning since i had a gap for 2+yrs. I have everything that I learned over the year in my head but my body  just doesn’t respond to my brain like it did back then. And i have been practice for almost 2 yrs and im still no way near to what i used to be back then. Man it’s really frustrating and i just dont feel comfortable anymore and the most frustrating part is that I can’t even play the songs that i wrote with my brother back then. It kills me every single day knowing that I am not what i used to be anymore. Man it really hurts. And coz of me even my brother is suffering since he’s been waiting for me to get my stuff together and start playing shows again here in the USA. There’s nothing I love than my drums my music and my band. One thing is for sure i cant quit. Music is life for me and Stephen has been really really helpful to me.

Grant
    Keymaster

That’s awesome Sangam! What’s your insta handle??
    I totally get where you’re coming from bud, I had to take some time off from the drums when I was in college, it was really frustrating not making the progress I wanted to. However, it was a great opportunity for me to be able to reset once I returned to playing a bit more, and really analyze where I was at as well as where I wanted to be. I would use this time to analyze your playing and note your strengths and weaknesses. Then feel free to reach out to Stephen and have him help you setup a game plan for what you should be working on. It always helps to have a sense of direction with what you’re doing and knowing where you want to go.
    Please let us know if you ever need anything Sangam, we’re always here to help!

Sangam
    Participant

It’s sskjt_sangam just letting you know there nothing fancy or interesting going on in my instagram ??. I wasn’t making much progress but once I reached out to Stephen I started seeing some progress. It’s a slow progress. I sometimes just get frustrated not being able to play stuff that i used to love and my mind gets in my way. That’s was what Stephen told me. Cant let my mind get in my way. I started doing that and im not angry like before. And again thanks for the warm welcome man!!

Grant
    Keymaster

Of course man! We are all here to help you get to where you want to be. That’s great advice from Stephen, you can’t let your own thoughts and emotions keep you from practicing and progressing. You will get to where you want to be I’m sure. Also don’t forget, it looks different for all of us!

• Author

Sangam
    Participant

Hi everyone I am Sangam. Even though i have been following and subscribing ssd since last year this is my first time posting here in ssd community. I should have come here way before, i guess it’s never too late right? I used to be in a punk band and I have been playing drums since 2005 i guess i was barely 10-11 years old when i first started out. I have a band with my brother and he sings and plays guitar.I love punk rock and metal. But i do listen to other various genres of music and I love drum very very much.

Marcus

What’s up Sangam?  Glad to have you here. Looks like you have a great practice space going.  Thanks for jumping in and connecting with us.  Be sure to check out our Facebook student page as well . https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Sangam!

Welcome to have you in the shed man, it’s great to have you with us. That Gretsch kit looks awesome, I’m sure it sounds good as well. If you have any questions at all or have any issues please feel free to shoot me an email!! I’m always here to help with anything you need! Email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com.

Also, what lesson track are you currently going through??

Sangam
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for the welcome Marcus and Joshua.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I will start connecting with all my fellow drummers more here and in Facebook also Marcus. Thanks again.</p>

Hey Joshua I know you from your instagram. :):):). As for the lesson tracks im still doing the gladstone specially with my left hand and tryin to loosen my thumb which is really irritating me? and im also doing groove track and bass drum track. I had to start everything from the beginning since i had a gap for 2+yrs. I have everything that I learned over the year in my head but my body  just doesn’t respond to my brain like it did back then. And i have been practice for almost 2 yrs and im still no way near to what i used to be back then. Man it’s really frustrating and i just dont feel comfortable anymore and the most frustrating part is that I can’t even play the songs that i wrote with my brother back then. It kills me every single day knowing that I am not what i used to be anymore. Man it really hurts. And coz of me even my brother is suffering since he’s been waiting for me to get my stuff together and start playing shows again here in the USA. There’s nothing I love than my drums my music and my band. One thing is for sure i cant quit. Music is life for me and Stephen has been really really helpful to me.

Grant
    Keymaster

That’s awesome Sangam! What’s your insta handle??
    I totally get where you’re coming from bud, I had to take some time off from the drums when I was in college, it was really frustrating not making the progress I wanted to. However, it was a great opportunity for me to be able to reset once I returned to playing a bit more, and really analyze where I was at as well as where I wanted to be. I would use this time to analyze your playing and note your strengths and weaknesses. Then feel free to reach out to Stephen and have him help you setup a game plan for what you should be working on. It always helps to have a sense of direction with what you’re doing and knowing where you want to go.
    Please let us know if you ever need anything Sangam, we’re always here to help!

Sangam
    Participant

It’s sskjt_sangam just letting you know there nothing fancy or interesting going on in my instagram ??. I wasn’t making much progress but once I reached out to Stephen I started seeing some progress. It’s a slow progress. I sometimes just get frustrated not being able to play stuff that i used to love and my mind gets in my way. That’s was what Stephen told me. Cant let my mind get in my way. I started doing that and im not angry like before. And again thanks for the warm welcome man!!

Grant
    Keymaster

Of course man! We are all here to help you get to where you want to be. That’s great advice from Stephen, you can’t let your own thoughts and emotions keep you from practicing and progressing. You will get to where you want to be I’m sure. Also don’t forget, it looks different for all of us!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.