Intermediate guitar player turned beginning drummer

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Intermediate guitar player turned beginning drummer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hey, guys

I have some questions I wanted to ask in the forums, but I figured it’s polite to introduce myself first. I’ve been playing guitar for a few years, but I’ve always had an interest in drums. I had a buddy who lived in an apartment and didn’t want to set up his drums in consideration of his neighbors….so he set up in my basement. I banged around on them a little bit, but funny enough, I didn’t get really into it until he was getting ready to take them back. Since then, I bought my own kit and started these online lessons. Being able to play some grooves and fills is super satisfying. I really appreciate the set up of these lesson . . . directing where to go next. Just have to use to restraint and try not to move on too soon!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Ryan!!

What is up my friend, welcome to the shed! What a great way to get started on the drums. That’s definitely the first time I’ve heard of someone getting started like that! Very cool.

I think you are definitely going to love Stephen’s teaching. He’s great at taking large / difficult ideas, and making them understandable for his students.

Also, I’m quite jealous. I wish I played more than just the drums. I think that will add a very cool dynamic to your playing, Being able to hear a song from both the guitar player’s and the drummer’s perspectives will make you a very well rounded musician.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help!

Also, feel free to jump into our Student Facebook Page! We have an awesome community of students that loves to encourage one another.

Welcome to the shed Ryan!

• Author

Ryan
    Participant

Hey, guys

I have some questions I wanted to ask in the forums, but I figured it’s polite to introduce myself first. I’ve been playing guitar for a few years, but I’ve always had an interest in drums. I had a buddy who lived in an apartment and didn’t want to set up his drums in consideration of his neighbors….so he set up in my basement. I banged around on them a little bit, but funny enough, I didn’t get really into it until he was getting ready to take them back. Since then, I bought my own kit and started these online lessons. Being able to play some grooves and fills is super satisfying. I really appreciate the set up of these lesson . . . directing where to go next. Just have to use to restraint and try not to move on too soon!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Ryan!!

What is up my friend, welcome to the shed! What a great way to get started on the drums. That’s definitely the first time I’ve heard of someone getting started like that! Very cool.

I think you are definitely going to love Stephen’s teaching. He’s great at taking large / difficult ideas, and making them understandable for his students.

Also, I’m quite jealous. I wish I played more than just the drums. I think that will add a very cool dynamic to your playing, Being able to hear a song from both the guitar player’s and the drummer’s perspectives will make you a very well rounded musician.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help!

Also, feel free to jump into our Student Facebook Page! We have an awesome community of students that loves to encourage one another.

Welcome to the shed Ryan!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.