Howdy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shaun
    Participant

Hey folks. I’ve always been really into music, and have played around (nothing formal or serious) with guitars for 20 years. I’ve always wanted to play the drums, but the cost/noise/space always prevented that. Now that I’ve thrown the kids out (they left willingly, promise) I have the money and the space, and therefore jumped into drumming. Bought myself a Tama Imperialstar 6-piece kit, and started surfing the free videos on the interwebs but became frustrated with the lack of cohesion. After watching a lot of Stephen’s videos that are on YouTube, I really liked his style, and decided to give it a shot. So far so good. Here’s to old men learning the drums :p

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Shaun. Reason: Stray html
    Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Shaun!!

Welcome to the shed my friend, we’re so happy to have you with us. I can definitely relate to the struggle of searching Youtube for drum lessons. There’s just so many options and so much noise on the internet, it can be very difficult to have a plan in place that works.

I think you made a great choice in joining the DBD program. Stephen is an amazing teacher. His lessons are understandable, he is great at explaining concepts, and he uses systems. All this makes for a super straightforward learning process.

Feel free to join our SDS Facebook page to get even more plugged in! Also if you ever have any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help – help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com.

Welcome to the shed Shaun!!

• Author

Shaun
    Participant

Hey folks. I’ve always been really into music, and have played around (nothing formal or serious) with guitars for 20 years. I’ve always wanted to play the drums, but the cost/noise/space always prevented that. Now that I’ve thrown the kids out (they left willingly, promise) I have the money and the space, and therefore jumped into drumming. Bought myself a Tama Imperialstar 6-piece kit, and started surfing the free videos on the interwebs but became frustrated with the lack of cohesion. After watching a lot of Stephen’s videos that are on YouTube, I really liked his style, and decided to give it a shot. So far so good. Here’s to old men learning the drums :p

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Shaun. Reason: Stray html

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Shaun!!

Welcome to the shed my friend, we’re so happy to have you with us. I can definitely relate to the struggle of searching Youtube for drum lessons. There’s just so many options and so much noise on the internet, it can be very difficult to have a plan in place that works.

I think you made a great choice in joining the DBD program. Stephen is an amazing teacher. His lessons are understandable, he is great at explaining concepts, and he uses systems. All this makes for a super straightforward learning process.

Feel free to join our SDS Facebook page to get even more plugged in! Also if you ever have any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help – help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com.

Welcome to the shed Shaun!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.