hola from spain!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself hola from spain!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

Hello everyone PHILIP  here an Englishman living in sunny Spain!

Its great to be here and excited about getting started on improving my drumming!

so its going to be a short introduction!LOL!

Been playing in a band now for the last 5 years which has really improved my timing and total got rid of my stage fright!

But nows the time to get everything in line and understand what i´m doing!

OK ,all the best to everyone and looking forwards to getting to know you all !

happy drumming

Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey @Philip !

SOrry, missed this post somehow. The forums have only been up for about 2 weeks so we’re all still getting accustomed to things!

Couldn’t be happier to have you in the DBD program. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you achieve your goals, please let me know. That’s what I’m here for!

Richard
    Participant

Hi Philip,

A fellow Englishman here, not in the sunny climes of Spain, though – I have to make do with Yorkshire! Hope you’re enjoying the shed mate, what are you working on currently?

Cheers

Ric

Philip
    Participant

HI Richard,

how you doing? greetings from sunny benidorm.! Yorkshire alright! lol.

yes loving the shed im going through all the rudiments at the moment getting them faster and clearer!

i know most of them but never really polished them up! and also working on my bass drum control for faster and clearer sounds.

swhat about you mate? what are you on?

philip

Richard
    Participant

Hi Philip

All good here, thanks. Well, other than being stuck at work, it’s all good!

I really need to  work on my rudiments, I’m terrible at them. Once I’ve finished the lesson tracks I’m on, I’ll be hitting them big time.

I’ve completely gone back to basics with my playing so I’m doing singles between hands and feet and, like yourself, the bass drum control track. Really enjoying both of them. The singles between hands and feet is pretty boring when you start out, simply because you’re just using your snare and kick but once you get comfortable and tight with that you can start bringing your toms in and make it a bit more interesting so it’s kind of fun now. Loving the bass drum course, my kick work is WAAAAY more consistant, my stamina is better and I’ve got a bit faster – which isn’t the main thing, I’d take control and consistancy over speed any day of the week!

What’s the band you’re doing? Is it original stuff or covers?

Cheers

Ric

• Author

Philip
    Participant

Hello everyone PHILIP  here an Englishman living in sunny Spain!

Its great to be here and excited about getting started on improving my drumming!

so its going to be a short introduction!LOL!

Been playing in a band now for the last 5 years which has really improved my timing and total got rid of my stage fright!

But nows the time to get everything in line and understand what i´m doing!

OK ,all the best to everyone and looking forwards to getting to know you all !

happy drumming

Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey @Philip !

SOrry, missed this post somehow. The forums have only been up for about 2 weeks so we’re all still getting accustomed to things!

Couldn’t be happier to have you in the DBD program. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you achieve your goals, please let me know. That’s what I’m here for!

Richard
    Participant

Hi Philip,

A fellow Englishman here, not in the sunny climes of Spain, though – I have to make do with Yorkshire! Hope you’re enjoying the shed mate, what are you working on currently?

Cheers

Ric

Philip
    Participant

HI Richard,

how you doing? greetings from sunny benidorm.! Yorkshire alright! lol.

yes loving the shed im going through all the rudiments at the moment getting them faster and clearer!

i know most of them but never really polished them up! and also working on my bass drum control for faster and clearer sounds.

swhat about you mate? what are you on?

philip

Richard
    Participant

Hi Philip

All good here, thanks. Well, other than being stuck at work, it’s all good!

I really need to  work on my rudiments, I’m terrible at them. Once I’ve finished the lesson tracks I’m on, I’ll be hitting them big time.

I’ve completely gone back to basics with my playing so I’m doing singles between hands and feet and, like yourself, the bass drum control track. Really enjoying both of them. The singles between hands and feet is pretty boring when you start out, simply because you’re just using your snare and kick but once you get comfortable and tight with that you can start bringing your toms in and make it a bit more interesting so it’s kind of fun now. Loving the bass drum course, my kick work is WAAAAY more consistant, my stamina is better and I’ve got a bit faster – which isn’t the main thing, I’d take control and consistancy over speed any day of the week!

What’s the band you’re doing? Is it original stuff or covers?

Cheers

Ric

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.