Hey There Fellow Drumshedders!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Hey There Fellow Drumshedders!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Levy
    Participant

My name is Aaron Levy and I am from New Orleans and currently reside in Covington. (39 Miles North of New Orleans)

I have been playing music practically since I was 5. Started out with handbells, then moved to violin, followed by 2 years of Piano, several years of choir, 3 years of guitar and 3 years marching band. I started playing the drum kit around 18 years old. My first experience joining a band during my Junior Year started by me planning to play keyboards. The drummer at the time did not know how to play “Trust” by Megadeth. So I went home and air drummed it and learned it in about a weeks time. I didn’t have a kit at the time, so I just kinda followed the rhythm of what I thought was right. We get back together after that week, and I sit down on his kit and teach him how to play it. Eventually I just played the intro and went into the first verse. The guys stopped me at that moment and asked me “Dude… when did you start playing drums?” I replied: “Just now”

Since then I’ve played in a multitude of local bands and a variety of different styles, ranging from Jazz, Funk, Prog Rock, Metal, Christian Rock, Christian Folk, Singer/Songwriter/Acoustic, Contemporary Christian, Alternative Rock, and Fusion.

I have not been signed to any label, but I have recorded 10 albums between the different bands I was in. Along with recording those records, I have done 12 studio sessions locally, and 5 via internet/cross-continental.

Currently, I am studying jazz at Delgado Community College and transferring to University of New Orleans in the fall to study under Herman Lebaux Jr, drummer for Allan Tousaint, with whom I am currently having lessons from, and Troy Davis, Head of Jazz Drum Studies at UNO.

I am also a member of Drumeo and am very active there, which is how I found out about Stephen and this great website!

Cheers to all of you and glad to meet you all!

Happy Drumming!

(Here is a video from a practice session from the day before Thanksgiving/Gig Night of 2017)

(We only had one night to rehearse 30 songs)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Aaron Levy.
    Aaron
    Participant

Whoops. Made it under my trial account. This account is the main one SORRY! :-)

Stephen
    Keymaster

@Aaron You may want to email Christi at help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com and have her merge your multiple accounts so you just have one login on here.

Stephen
    Keymaster

I’ve told you before bro, but I’m more than a little bit jealous that you live in NOLA and I don’t anymore lol. You’re playing is sounding beautiful my friend!

Thanks for jumping in and helping to kick this thing off

Marcus

Great to have you hear.  Love all you have accomplished.  Great playing!

Aaron
    Participant

<span style=”color: #1d2129; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>I usually rehearse before I post something on youtube or wherever. This is not one of those cases. Just found this cool Drumless 7/8 TripHop tune on Youtube and so here’s something completely off the cuff and unrehearsed.</span>

Stephen
    Keymaster

Bro…musicality is on point with this one. Way to bring it off the cuff!

• Author

Aaron Levy
    Participant

My name is Aaron Levy and I am from New Orleans and currently reside in Covington. (39 Miles North of New Orleans)

I have been playing music practically since I was 5. Started out with handbells, then moved to violin, followed by 2 years of Piano, several years of choir, 3 years of guitar and 3 years marching band. I started playing the drum kit around 18 years old. My first experience joining a band during my Junior Year started by me planning to play keyboards. The drummer at the time did not know how to play “Trust” by Megadeth. So I went home and air drummed it and learned it in about a weeks time. I didn’t have a kit at the time, so I just kinda followed the rhythm of what I thought was right. We get back together after that week, and I sit down on his kit and teach him how to play it. Eventually I just played the intro and went into the first verse. The guys stopped me at that moment and asked me “Dude… when did you start playing drums?” I replied: “Just now”

Since then I’ve played in a multitude of local bands and a variety of different styles, ranging from Jazz, Funk, Prog Rock, Metal, Christian Rock, Christian Folk, Singer/Songwriter/Acoustic, Contemporary Christian, Alternative Rock, and Fusion.

I have not been signed to any label, but I have recorded 10 albums between the different bands I was in. Along with recording those records, I have done 12 studio sessions locally, and 5 via internet/cross-continental.

Currently, I am studying jazz at Delgado Community College and transferring to University of New Orleans in the fall to study under Herman Lebaux Jr, drummer for Allan Tousaint, with whom I am currently having lessons from, and Troy Davis, Head of Jazz Drum Studies at UNO.

I am also a member of Drumeo and am very active there, which is how I found out about Stephen and this great website!

Cheers to all of you and glad to meet you all!

Happy Drumming!

(Here is a video from a practice session from the day before Thanksgiving/Gig Night of 2017)

(We only had one night to rehearse 30 songs)

Aaron
    Participant

Whoops. Made it under my trial account. This account is the main one SORRY! :-)

Stephen
    Keymaster

@Aaron You may want to email Christi at help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com and have her merge your multiple accounts so you just have one login on here.

Stephen
    Keymaster

I’ve told you before bro, but I’m more than a little bit jealous that you live in NOLA and I don’t anymore lol. You’re playing is sounding beautiful my friend!

Thanks for jumping in and helping to kick this thing off

Marcus

Great to have you hear.  Love all you have accomplished.  Great playing!

Aaron
    Participant

<span style=”color: #1d2129; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>I usually rehearse before I post something on youtube or wherever. This is not one of those cases. Just found this cool Drumless 7/8 TripHop tune on Youtube and so here’s something completely off the cuff and unrehearsed.</span>

Stephen
    Keymaster

Bro…musicality is on point with this one. Way to bring it off the cuff!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.