Hello from Central Florida

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Central Florida

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am brand new to drums, and I have no musical training. I have always been able to tap along to just about any drum beat on a song with no problems. I initially spent a small fortune on an electric guitar and gear because I’m a huge Eddie Van Halen  fan, and I figured that was the instrument for me. Boy was I wrong!!! Lol. It felt like teaching myself trigonometry. I hated it! After spending all of that money I decided I wouldn’t do the same when it came to drums. I did some research, and to spare my wife and neighbors I bought an electronic drum kit with mesh heads. I bought an entry level set (Alesis Nitro Mesh). I learned my lesson with the guitar…Lol. I started just playing to my favorite classic rock, and I loved it! It felt so natural, and it came to me much easier than the guitar. I decided I didn’t want to develop bad habits, and I wanted to make progress so I began watching videos on YouTube. That’s where I found Stephen. I really enjoyed his teaching style, and his enthusiasm so I decided to take the next step and become a member so here I am. I plan on starting the beginner lessons tomorrow, and I look forward to taking this journey with you guys!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hello Mark!!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! It’s so awesome to hear about your natural introduction to the drums. It’s not as natural for everyone, but when you know the drums are for you..you just know!! SDS is definitely the place to be if you want to make progress playing the drums, but enjoy what you’re doing at the same time. Stephen is an amazing teacher. He is great at breaking down a tough concept, and making it easy to understand and therefor learn.

Let us know how the lessons go and how your progress grows!! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. Welcome to the shed Mark!

Marcus

What’s up Mark!  Glad to have you here.  You picked the BEST place to start.  Wish I could have done the same, but there was no  such thing as the internet when I started.  I think you will love it here.  Let us know how we can help.

david
    Participant

Welcome Mark. ????

Mark
    Participant

Thank you guys

Justin
    Participant

Welcome Mark, hey that music theory you learned while playing guitar will come in handy down the road. Glad you are hanging with us drummers. Have fun!

• Author

Mark
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am brand new to drums, and I have no musical training. I have always been able to tap along to just about any drum beat on a song with no problems. I initially spent a small fortune on an electric guitar and gear because I’m a huge Eddie Van Halen  fan, and I figured that was the instrument for me. Boy was I wrong!!! Lol. It felt like teaching myself trigonometry. I hated it! After spending all of that money I decided I wouldn’t do the same when it came to drums. I did some research, and to spare my wife and neighbors I bought an electronic drum kit with mesh heads. I bought an entry level set (Alesis Nitro Mesh). I learned my lesson with the guitar…Lol. I started just playing to my favorite classic rock, and I loved it! It felt so natural, and it came to me much easier than the guitar. I decided I didn’t want to develop bad habits, and I wanted to make progress so I began watching videos on YouTube. That’s where I found Stephen. I really enjoyed his teaching style, and his enthusiasm so I decided to take the next step and become a member so here I am. I plan on starting the beginner lessons tomorrow, and I look forward to taking this journey with you guys!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hello Mark!!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! It’s so awesome to hear about your natural introduction to the drums. It’s not as natural for everyone, but when you know the drums are for you..you just know!! SDS is definitely the place to be if you want to make progress playing the drums, but enjoy what you’re doing at the same time. Stephen is an amazing teacher. He is great at breaking down a tough concept, and making it easy to understand and therefor learn.

Let us know how the lessons go and how your progress grows!! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. Welcome to the shed Mark!

Marcus

What’s up Mark!  Glad to have you here.  You picked the BEST place to start.  Wish I could have done the same, but there was no  such thing as the internet when I started.  I think you will love it here.  Let us know how we can help.

david
    Participant

Welcome Mark. ????

Mark
    Participant

Thank you guys

Justin
    Participant

Welcome Mark, hey that music theory you learned while playing guitar will come in handy down the road. Glad you are hanging with us drummers. Have fun!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.