Hello everyone!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Hello everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Katharina
    Participant

Hi there!

I am coming back to the drum set after some time. I started playing when I was 13, mostly in the local music school’s orchestra. When I moved from home to a small apartment, I had to leave my drums behind and I stopped playing… But now I have finally found a new band to groove with – a swing band just for women (they really had trouble to find a female drummer, actually). I came to the shed to find back to my old form and learn so much more about drumming! I’m so glad to be here and be part of the community. Can’t wait to get to know you all :)

About myself: I am a German teacher for refugees here in Northern Germany. Last year, I got my degree in Scandinavian studies (I’ve lived in Denmark for some time – so if there are any danes here: vi snakkes ved!) and now I’m a part time phd-student here in Greifswald.

Greetings from Germany!

Katharina

Marcus

Hey Katharina! Welcome to shed. You have chosen a great place to learn. Stephen is a great teacher and he has provided tons of resources here. All the folks here are super as well. Be sure to check out the student Facebook page as well. It can be found here…https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/. It’s a great place to interact with the others etc. Anyway, glad to have you in here. Please let us know how we can assist you along the way.

Grant
    Keymaster

Wow Katharina! What a great life story to hear, very cool. Congratulations on the new band! I know how exciting of a process that is, it’s a ton of fun getting to know your band mates and writing with one another. With you being an instructor, I think you will really love it here at SDS. Stephen is an awesome teacher, and has a great teaching style. It’s so easy to learn difficult concepts with how he chooses to break down information.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Katharina!

Katharina
    Participant

Thank you so much, Marcus and Joshua :) yeah, I think Stephens organized method is really cool to learn with, and as you said: He make it look and feel so simple to play the drums, it’s so motivating!

I’ve already connected on Facebook and felt right at home. The shed is a really awesome community :)

Grant
    Keymaster

Of course Katharina! We are so excited to have you with us!!

• Author

Katharina
    Participant

Hi there!

I am coming back to the drum set after some time. I started playing when I was 13, mostly in the local music school’s orchestra. When I moved from home to a small apartment, I had to leave my drums behind and I stopped playing… But now I have finally found a new band to groove with – a swing band just for women (they really had trouble to find a female drummer, actually). I came to the shed to find back to my old form and learn so much more about drumming! I’m so glad to be here and be part of the community. Can’t wait to get to know you all :)

About myself: I am a German teacher for refugees here in Northern Germany. Last year, I got my degree in Scandinavian studies (I’ve lived in Denmark for some time – so if there are any danes here: vi snakkes ved!) and now I’m a part time phd-student here in Greifswald.

Greetings from Germany!

Katharina

Marcus

Hey Katharina! Welcome to shed. You have chosen a great place to learn. Stephen is a great teacher and he has provided tons of resources here. All the folks here are super as well. Be sure to check out the student Facebook page as well. It can be found here…https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/. It’s a great place to interact with the others etc. Anyway, glad to have you in here. Please let us know how we can assist you along the way.

Grant
    Keymaster

Wow Katharina! What a great life story to hear, very cool. Congratulations on the new band! I know how exciting of a process that is, it’s a ton of fun getting to know your band mates and writing with one another. With you being an instructor, I think you will really love it here at SDS. Stephen is an awesome teacher, and has a great teaching style. It’s so easy to learn difficult concepts with how he chooses to break down information.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Katharina!

Katharina
    Participant

Thank you so much, Marcus and Joshua :) yeah, I think Stephens organized method is really cool to learn with, and as you said: He make it look and feel so simple to play the drums, it’s so motivating!

I’ve already connected on Facebook and felt right at home. The shed is a really awesome community :)

Grant
    Keymaster

Of course Katharina! We are so excited to have you with us!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.