Hello Everyone

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charles
    Participant

Hi folks,

My name is Chuck and I currently reside in North Texas just about halfway between Dallas and OKC.  I got my first drumkit (Tama Silverstar) back in 2013 and for the next few years I never really did anything with it other than a pretty basic 4/4 beat here and there.  In late 2017, I finally took my first lessons with a local teacher and pretty much devoured his 6 months worth of lessons in 4 months.  At that point, life started demanding my attention and I found myself pulled away from not just the drum kit but my guitars and bass as well.

Starting in the fall of 2019 I’ll be heading back to the university where I intend on a double major in music/psychology.  Ultimately I would love to use music as a therapy tool for troubled children/young adults.  With the impending class load coming up, I was looking for a system of really learning the drum that I can fit into my schedule and I believe I’ve found that here.  I look forward to jumping in and getting after it.  Thanks!

Chuck

Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey Chuck! Pumped you found us and excited to have you be a part of the DBD family. I love that you’re wanting to use music as a therapy tool. I think you’ll see great success with that.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help getting started!

Marcus

Chuck!  Welcome to the shed.  I too am a fellow North Texan…just not as far north as you are.  Sounds like you have some solid plans for your musical future.  Be sure to let us know how we can help!  Also, check out our student facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/.

Grant
    Keymaster

Welcome to the shed Chuck!! It is awesome to see you jumping into the DBD program. If you are looking for structure, and something you can fit into a busy schedule you have come to the right place. Stephen is an awesome teacher…he’s great with explaining complex ideas, and being efficient while doing so.

If you have any issues or questions along the way, please feel free to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com

• Author

Charles
    Participant

Hi folks,

My name is Chuck and I currently reside in North Texas just about halfway between Dallas and OKC.  I got my first drumkit (Tama Silverstar) back in 2013 and for the next few years I never really did anything with it other than a pretty basic 4/4 beat here and there.  In late 2017, I finally took my first lessons with a local teacher and pretty much devoured his 6 months worth of lessons in 4 months.  At that point, life started demanding my attention and I found myself pulled away from not just the drum kit but my guitars and bass as well.

Starting in the fall of 2019 I’ll be heading back to the university where I intend on a double major in music/psychology.  Ultimately I would love to use music as a therapy tool for troubled children/young adults.  With the impending class load coming up, I was looking for a system of really learning the drum that I can fit into my schedule and I believe I’ve found that here.  I look forward to jumping in and getting after it.  Thanks!

Chuck

Stephen
    Keymaster

Hey Chuck! Pumped you found us and excited to have you be a part of the DBD family. I love that you’re wanting to use music as a therapy tool. I think you’ll see great success with that.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help getting started!

Marcus

Chuck!  Welcome to the shed.  I too am a fellow North Texan…just not as far north as you are.  Sounds like you have some solid plans for your musical future.  Be sure to let us know how we can help!  Also, check out our student facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/255724254542061/.

Grant
    Keymaster

Welcome to the shed Chuck!! It is awesome to see you jumping into the DBD program. If you are looking for structure, and something you can fit into a busy schedule you have come to the right place. Stephen is an awesome teacher…he’s great with explaining complex ideas, and being efficient while doing so.

If you have any issues or questions along the way, please feel free to shoot me an email, I’m always here to help: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.