Hello All!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Hello All!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

My name is Dave and I am a guitar player that has always wanted to learn the drum kit. I live just outside of Syracuse smack dab in the center of New York State. I currently play guitar out and about 4 to 6 times a month with my band REV. I just picked up my first drum set and I’m excited to start my journey to become a drummer and better musician in general. Ultimately, I would like to be able to record drum tracks in my home studio for material that I write and would love to get proficient enough to sit in on drums for some of the many open mics we have in the CNY area!

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up David! Welcome to the shed!

Those are some great and useful goals to set for yourself. I wish I could play guitar along with the drums, I’ve always seen guys who play multiple instruments as being very in tune with music. The more you can relate to other people in the band, the more empathetic and helpful you can be in the song. Very cool.

You have definitely come to the right place when it comes to playing the drums. I think you will love it here. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help. Also, feel free to jump into our student Facebook group and get connect with the students on there!

Welcome David!

• Author

David
    Participant

My name is Dave and I am a guitar player that has always wanted to learn the drum kit. I live just outside of Syracuse smack dab in the center of New York State. I currently play guitar out and about 4 to 6 times a month with my band REV. I just picked up my first drum set and I’m excited to start my journey to become a drummer and better musician in general. Ultimately, I would like to be able to record drum tracks in my home studio for material that I write and would love to get proficient enough to sit in on drums for some of the many open mics we have in the CNY area!

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up David! Welcome to the shed!

Those are some great and useful goals to set for yourself. I wish I could play guitar along with the drums, I’ve always seen guys who play multiple instruments as being very in tune with music. The more you can relate to other people in the band, the more empathetic and helpful you can be in the song. Very cool.

You have definitely come to the right place when it comes to playing the drums. I think you will love it here. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help. Also, feel free to jump into our student Facebook group and get connect with the students on there!

Welcome David!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.