Hardware question

Drum Lessons Forums Gear Talk Hardware question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I have a Yamaha kit my three mounted Tom’s are on a triangle thing the mounts to top of kick drum. I’m using a gilbatar road series rack but they make no clamps to attach the Yamaha ball mounts to the rack the holes in the clamps are twice the size of the Yamaha mount poles any ideas on where to find the right clamps or how to make one?

Grant
    Keymaster

Hmmm that’s a great question. Unfortunately I don’t use a rack and have never had too much experience with them….what if you sold the Gibraltar rack, then used that money to buy a Yamaha rack so that everything matches. Might be some money out of pocket for you, but it could be a good option for all the parts to work together!

Marcus

John, Yamaha’s stuff look like it may be proprietary. I sent Gibraltar and email asking them if they made and rack mounts that will work on a 7/8″ diameter down tube. I will let you know if/when I hear something back from them.

Marcus

According to Gibraltar the following will work for the down tubes in your toms

SC-GRSMC

SC-GRSSMC

SC-GCRMC

SC-GCSMC

I hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Marcus.
    Grant
    Keymaster

Nice detective work there Marcus!

• Author

John
    Participant

I have a Yamaha kit my three mounted Tom’s are on a triangle thing the mounts to top of kick drum. I’m using a gilbatar road series rack but they make no clamps to attach the Yamaha ball mounts to the rack the holes in the clamps are twice the size of the Yamaha mount poles any ideas on where to find the right clamps or how to make one?

Grant
    Keymaster

Hmmm that’s a great question. Unfortunately I don’t use a rack and have never had too much experience with them….what if you sold the Gibraltar rack, then used that money to buy a Yamaha rack so that everything matches. Might be some money out of pocket for you, but it could be a good option for all the parts to work together!

Marcus

John, Yamaha’s stuff look like it may be proprietary. I sent Gibraltar and email asking them if they made and rack mounts that will work on a 7/8″ diameter down tube. I will let you know if/when I hear something back from them.

Marcus

According to Gibraltar the following will work for the down tubes in your toms

SC-GRSMC

SC-GRSSMC

SC-GCRMC

SC-GCSMC

I hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Marcus.

Grant
    Keymaster

Nice detective work there Marcus!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.