Happy to be part of the over 50 club

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Happy to be part of the over 50 club

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

Hello all!

My name is Don, Yes i am over 50 and finally going to make sense of this passion of playing drums rather than just beating on them. I have had several drum kits from when i was a kid and Santa brought me a snare and a hi hat.( yes that was my first kit!) to having friends of mine become rock stars in the 80’s hair bands such as Warrant to never learning a single beat for 40 years. I gave my first complete set to the church as my wife at the time couldn’t stand to hear me make all that noise. I decided after she left to pick up another set and this time actually put the time in to learning to play them and actually have my motions make sense instead of noise!

I have been in the background as a subscriber to Stephens you tube page and picking up this and that from his free lessons. Now i am a beginner in the SDS community and look forward to this journey with all of you!  Thanks for having me!

Don

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Don!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! I think you made a very good decision in moving from a subscriber on YouTube to an actual student, you’re going to learn a ton here. The kit you are playing looks great and you have a ton of space in that room as well which is awesome!

Stephen’s lessons and programs are all about structure, taking a concept, breaking it down, and making a plan on how to learn it. We have an awesome community of students as well. Feel free to jump into the SDS FACEBOOK page and connect with students there as well!

If you ever have any questions or tech problems please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I am always here to help. Welcome Don!

Marcus

Hey Don!  Welcome.  Looks like  you have a really nice practice space there.  Nice kit too.  We are glad to have you as part of the shed.  You are going to love learning here.  Let us know how we can help along the way.

• Author

Don
    Participant

Hello all!

My name is Don, Yes i am over 50 and finally going to make sense of this passion of playing drums rather than just beating on them. I have had several drum kits from when i was a kid and Santa brought me a snare and a hi hat.( yes that was my first kit!) to having friends of mine become rock stars in the 80’s hair bands such as Warrant to never learning a single beat for 40 years. I gave my first complete set to the church as my wife at the time couldn’t stand to hear me make all that noise. I decided after she left to pick up another set and this time actually put the time in to learning to play them and actually have my motions make sense instead of noise!

I have been in the background as a subscriber to Stephens you tube page and picking up this and that from his free lessons. Now i am a beginner in the SDS community and look forward to this journey with all of you!  Thanks for having me!

Don

Grant
    Keymaster

What is up Don!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! I think you made a very good decision in moving from a subscriber on YouTube to an actual student, you’re going to learn a ton here. The kit you are playing looks great and you have a ton of space in that room as well which is awesome!

Stephen’s lessons and programs are all about structure, taking a concept, breaking it down, and making a plan on how to learn it. We have an awesome community of students as well. Feel free to jump into the SDS FACEBOOK page and connect with students there as well!

If you ever have any questions or tech problems please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I am always here to help. Welcome Don!

Marcus

Hey Don!  Welcome.  Looks like  you have a really nice practice space there.  Nice kit too.  We are glad to have you as part of the shed.  You are going to love learning here.  Let us know how we can help along the way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.