Greetings from Iceland

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Greetings from Iceland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gudjon
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”>Hi there, my name is Gudjon and I am 54 years old and live in Iceland.  I’m pretty new in the drum business but played for perhaps one and a half year 35 years a go. I was in a band back then but we weren’t good (I wonder why) </span><span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”> I’m very excited to start this course and I feel very lucky to have found Stephen and his great teaching area. The reason I am start playing again is that the old band is planning to coming back together.  So I want to be ready and able to drum better then in the old days. So I need organized teaching and the best knowledge how is best to practice….and I know I would need very much practice. </span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”>A bit about me. I’m business graduate, back in school and now to learn to be an golf teacher (have been playing golf for 28 years) and I’m also a Dale Carnegie coach here in Iceland. I have been with me wife for 20 years and to be honest she is not particularly happy with me new hobby :-)</span>

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Gudjon!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! This is Joshua, you and I chatted over email the other day, it’s great to see you jumping into the forum! It’s awesome to hear the band is getting back together, that’s quite a motivation for you to practice. Also very cool that you are from Iceland! My wife and I hope to visit someday.

If you have any questions at all or any questions please feel free to shoot me an email again! I am always here to help!

Also! Feel free to join the SDS FACEBOOK GROUP. We have an awesome community of students, I think you’ll love it.

Marcus

Hey Gudjon.  Welcome.  Be sure to check out the Warrior Way.  Lots of great tips on how to structure your practice time to get the most out of it.  If the drums are driving your wife crazy, take a look at the Aquarian Superpads and the Zildjian L80 cymbals.  The price you pay for them is well worth having a peaceful marriage as far as the drums are concerned!

• Author

Gudjon
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”>Hi there, my name is Gudjon and I am 54 years old and live in Iceland.  I’m pretty new in the drum business but played for perhaps one and a half year 35 years a go. I was in a band back then but we weren’t good (I wonder why) </span><span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”> I’m very excited to start this course and I feel very lucky to have found Stephen and his great teaching area. The reason I am start playing again is that the old band is planning to coming back together.  So I want to be ready and able to drum better then in the old days. So I need organized teaching and the best knowledge how is best to practice….and I know I would need very much practice. </span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Carrois Gothic’, sans-serif;”>A bit about me. I’m business graduate, back in school and now to learn to be an golf teacher (have been playing golf for 28 years) and I’m also a Dale Carnegie coach here in Iceland. I have been with me wife for 20 years and to be honest she is not particularly happy with me new hobby :-)</span>

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Gudjon!!

Welcome to the shed my friend! This is Joshua, you and I chatted over email the other day, it’s great to see you jumping into the forum! It’s awesome to hear the band is getting back together, that’s quite a motivation for you to practice. Also very cool that you are from Iceland! My wife and I hope to visit someday.

If you have any questions at all or any questions please feel free to shoot me an email again! I am always here to help!

Also! Feel free to join the SDS FACEBOOK GROUP. We have an awesome community of students, I think you’ll love it.

Marcus

Hey Gudjon.  Welcome.  Be sure to check out the Warrior Way.  Lots of great tips on how to structure your practice time to get the most out of it.  If the drums are driving your wife crazy, take a look at the Aquarian Superpads and the Zildjian L80 cymbals.  The price you pay for them is well worth having a peaceful marriage as far as the drums are concerned!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.