Greatest Influence

Drum Lessons Forums DBD Member Lesson Discussion Greatest Influence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

What resource(s) has/have had the most impact on your development? Two that come to mind immediately for me are the books The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin and Effortless Mastery by Kenny Werner. They totally changed my approach and enjoyment of music.

Stephen
    Keymaster

Those two are up there on my list as well.
    I would have to say my early teachers had the biggest impact. Henrique taught me what a professional drummer looks and sounds like. He laid the groundwork for everything. Jeff got me my first pro gig and taught me the ropes of being a professional drummer. And Harrell…Harrell opened up my playing. Got me to see that it’s not notes, but the music, that matters. He really taught me how to apply all of the technical things I had learned. He taught me how to really play music.

• Author

Marcus

What resource(s) has/have had the most impact on your development? Two that come to mind immediately for me are the books The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin and Effortless Mastery by Kenny Werner. They totally changed my approach and enjoyment of music.

Stephen
    Keymaster

Those two are up there on my list as well.
    I would have to say my early teachers had the biggest impact. Henrique taught me what a professional drummer looks and sounds like. He laid the groundwork for everything. Jeff got me my first pro gig and taught me the ropes of being a professional drummer. And Harrell…Harrell opened up my playing. Got me to see that it’s not notes, but the music, that matters. He really taught me how to apply all of the technical things I had learned. He taught me how to really play music.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.