Back in the saddle again

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself Back in the saddle again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary
    Participant

Hello from San Jose. I played drums in concert, marching and jazz band all through high school, but then life got in the way. Always meant to get back into it, but never found the time. Now 40 years later, my 11 year old god-daughter expressed an interest in learning how to play, so that gave me the excuse I needed to jump back in the game. Looking forward to shaking the rust off and learning some new skills.

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Gary!! Welcome to the shed!! We are so happy to have you! I love the kit in that picture! Looks like it could be a Slingerland from back in the day possibly? I’m sure someone on here will know what it is. We are so happy to have you here with us. SDS is an awesome place. We have a great community of students here, and Stephen is an AMAZING teacher. I think you will be very happy and at home here. Also, feel free to jump into the SDS Facebook group and get even more connected! CLICK HERE

Also, my name is Joshua, Community Manager here at SDS. If you ever have any questions, tech issues, or just want to talk drums, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Gary!

Marcus

What’s up Gary?  Glad to have you here.  There are many of us “older” players in here with a very similar story.  This is a great place to learn.  We are here to help.  Hit us up!

Gary
    Participant

@Joshua – Good eye! That was indeed a Slingerland set from back in the 70’s.

Grant
    Keymaster

It looks great Gary, love those drums. I’m sure they sounded great as well.

• Author

Gary
    Participant

Hello from San Jose. I played drums in concert, marching and jazz band all through high school, but then life got in the way. Always meant to get back into it, but never found the time. Now 40 years later, my 11 year old god-daughter expressed an interest in learning how to play, so that gave me the excuse I needed to jump back in the game. Looking forward to shaking the rust off and learning some new skills.

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Gary!! Welcome to the shed!! We are so happy to have you! I love the kit in that picture! Looks like it could be a Slingerland from back in the day possibly? I’m sure someone on here will know what it is. We are so happy to have you here with us. SDS is an awesome place. We have a great community of students here, and Stephen is an AMAZING teacher. I think you will be very happy and at home here. Also, feel free to jump into the SDS Facebook group and get even more connected! CLICK HERE

Also, my name is Joshua, Community Manager here at SDS. If you ever have any questions, tech issues, or just want to talk drums, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com. I’m always here to help. Welcome to the shed Gary!

Marcus

What’s up Gary?  Glad to have you here.  There are many of us “older” players in here with a very similar story.  This is a great place to learn.  We are here to help.  Hit us up!

Gary
    Participant

@Joshua – Good eye! That was indeed a Slingerland set from back in the 70’s.

Grant
    Keymaster

It looks great Gary, love those drums. I’m sure they sounded great as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.