Aerodrums

Drum Lessons Forums Gear Talk Aerodrums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Duane
    Participant

Hi SDS Community –

Has anyone else tried Aerodrums ?  No substitute for a physical kit, of course, but they’re nice to take on vacation – and – I can add practice time at work in an empty conference room at lunch, along with the pad.  Kind of fun!

– Duane

Marcus

I have not tried them so I won’t offer an opinion about them.  Most things can be useful in some way and to some extent.  I will say that I have tried many many other practice substitutes for the “real deal”.  My experience is that if you want to get better playing the drums, you are best served to find a way to play the drums.  Rent a space, move them to your garage, do whatever it is you need to do to play the drums.  I think the most profound progress is made by playing on the instrument itself.

Duane
    Participant

Hey Marcus – I agree wholeheartedly that there’s no substitute for the real thing!  But, I’ve found these to be a good supplement (complemented by the pad) which extend my practice time in environments where it’s impossible to bring the kit.  Thanks!

John-Olav
    Participant

I’ve had them. I found it to be too big of a hassle to set them up and find a place dark enough to play. They just gathered dust so I sold them.

Duane
    Participant

That’s a good point, they do take a few minutes to set up each time you play, and the background has to be darker.  For me, the biggest obstacle is the bright light on the camera, but I use sunglasses and the brim of a baseball cap to partially shade my eyes, and that seems to work fine.

Grant
    Keymaster

I think you should totally do it Duane! If all you are going to do on your lunch break is relax or be on your phone while you eat, I think it would be well worth your time to use the Aerodrums. Sure, it’s not the real deal, but practicing as much as you can, even on your lunch break is a great idea!

• Author

Duane
    Participant

Hi SDS Community –

Has anyone else tried Aerodrums ?  No substitute for a physical kit, of course, but they’re nice to take on vacation – and – I can add practice time at work in an empty conference room at lunch, along with the pad.  Kind of fun!

– Duane

Marcus

I have not tried them so I won’t offer an opinion about them.  Most things can be useful in some way and to some extent.  I will say that I have tried many many other practice substitutes for the “real deal”.  My experience is that if you want to get better playing the drums, you are best served to find a way to play the drums.  Rent a space, move them to your garage, do whatever it is you need to do to play the drums.  I think the most profound progress is made by playing on the instrument itself.

Duane
    Participant

Hey Marcus – I agree wholeheartedly that there’s no substitute for the real thing!  But, I’ve found these to be a good supplement (complemented by the pad) which extend my practice time in environments where it’s impossible to bring the kit.  Thanks!

John-Olav
    Participant

I’ve had them. I found it to be too big of a hassle to set them up and find a place dark enough to play. They just gathered dust so I sold them.

Duane
    Participant

That’s a good point, they do take a few minutes to set up each time you play, and the background has to be darker.  For me, the biggest obstacle is the bright light on the camera, but I use sunglasses and the brim of a baseball cap to partially shade my eyes, and that seems to work fine.

Grant
    Keymaster

I think you should totally do it Duane! If all you are going to do on your lunch break is relax or be on your phone while you eat, I think it would be well worth your time to use the Aerodrums. Sure, it’s not the real deal, but practicing as much as you can, even on your lunch break is a great idea!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.