60 days in!

Drum Lessons Forums Introduce Yourself 60 days in!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hi all.

I started learning the drums 60 days ago. This is something I have always wanted to do but just never got going. I am now 59 and was in a music store with a buddy and a started checking out various drum options. I saw a Yamaha E-drum kit and sat down and played it like a monkey and thought, “Perfect, this is how I am going to get started” and I ordered my set. The advantages of an E kit were good for me and this is about having fun and challenging myself into my senior years. My practice time will be scattered as my day job is pretty demanding and I don’t always have the energy or desire after work but I will do all I can to learn a bit each week.

I joined SDS mainly due to the way Stephen teaches and the passion he exhibits. Using phrases such at I gotta pee, or Pat Boone, Debbie Boone are very memorable and work well vs counting, especially while learning. It makes drumming fun for me!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Scott!! Welcome to the shed my friend! We are so happy to have you. First off, what a cool experience. I wish I could remember the first time I sat down at a drum kit and thought “Alright, I’m doing this”. Very cool.

It sounds like you came to the shed for the right reasons, and we are excited to help you make progress in your drumming. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help.

Also! Jump into our student Facebook page! It’s a great way to get connected to other students and encourage one another in you drumming goals!

Welcome to the shed Scott!

• Author

Scott
    Participant

Hi all.

I started learning the drums 60 days ago. This is something I have always wanted to do but just never got going. I am now 59 and was in a music store with a buddy and a started checking out various drum options. I saw a Yamaha E-drum kit and sat down and played it like a monkey and thought, “Perfect, this is how I am going to get started” and I ordered my set. The advantages of an E kit were good for me and this is about having fun and challenging myself into my senior years. My practice time will be scattered as my day job is pretty demanding and I don’t always have the energy or desire after work but I will do all I can to learn a bit each week.

I joined SDS mainly due to the way Stephen teaches and the passion he exhibits. Using phrases such at I gotta pee, or Pat Boone, Debbie Boone are very memorable and work well vs counting, especially while learning. It makes drumming fun for me!

Grant
    Keymaster

Hey Scott!! Welcome to the shed my friend! We are so happy to have you. First off, what a cool experience. I wish I could remember the first time I sat down at a drum kit and thought “Alright, I’m doing this”. Very cool.

It sounds like you came to the shed for the right reasons, and we are excited to help you make progress in your drumming. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me an email: help@stephensdrumshed.wcsitepreview.com, I’m always here to help.

Also! Jump into our student Facebook page! It’s a great way to get connected to other students and encourage one another in you drumming goals!

Welcome to the shed Scott!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.